Flush me down and warm me up: Guest Bathroom Checkpoint

Second Floor Hallway Bathroom
This photo may not look very spectacular to you but the view gets Mr Limestone and I misty with pride. Here is why:
1. The air circulating in that room is warm.
2. The toilet flushes.
3. The shower and tub spout dispense water.
4. The aforementioned water goes down the drain without leaks.
5.. Not only does the roof not leak but a beautiful ray of sunshine shines through the skylight.


Ahhh...a thing of beauty.

To refresh your memories, here is what it looked like when we bought the house:
Upstairs_Bathroom

As you may have already been able to surmise, the sink is not yet connected. Thats because we are having it re-enameled. Also missing is the medicine cabinet, light, paint and various hardware. All in due time, all in due time.

6 comments:

  1. I get so excited when I see photos of your house, its my dream house, you have done the nicest job, it is something to be proud of , well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Chris. Thats high praise coming from you since your home is absolutely lovely (and Ive been quietly admiring your home via your blog for a while now).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I ask where you purchased your hex floor tile? We're redoing our 1910 bathroom and want to lay new hexagonal tile, white 1 inch tile with a black 2-3 inch border inlay about 2 inches from the walls.

    I have language issues with our contractor and would like to have a picture to show him. Any advice?

    Thx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, gorgeous house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Tricia. We got our hex tile from a local tile place. (Classic Tile in Brooklyn) I know before I found it locally, I had searched online for it and I believe you can find it if you search for "Lyric unglazed" tiles.

    We also have language issues with our contractor so I had originally wanted a more intricate pattern using a border made of squares and an interior filed made of hex. After a few issues with other tile, I decided to scale back and just have them put down the standard black/white hex pattern. While I might have liked the pattern I originally wanted better, Im suprrised just how much I like this pattern and it required no extra work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:20 PM

    OMG! I'm giddy for you and can only imagine how excited you guys are. I LOVE the tile.

    You definitely have the butterflies in your belly for sure, I know I would.

    ReplyDelete

There is nothing that thrills me more than hearing from readers. Please share your thoughts. ♥

Follow @ Instagram

© 2007-2020 Brooklyn Limestone. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy
Back to Top